New patients welcome
We offer dental maintenance programs and treatments that improve your overall health and wellness.
We're always welcoming new patients. It's our goal to provide you with a great experience, whether you're here for your very first visit or you've been our patient for years. If you haven't been to Dentistry on King before, here's what you can expect the first time you come in:
New patient exam
This is where we get to know you, understand your specific needs (everyone is different, after all), and get familiar with your teeth and your overall health. The exam isn't all that different from a routine checkup, where Dr. Cheng takes inventory of your oral health and diagnoses any potential problems - it's just more in-depth.
During a new patient exam, Dr. Cheng and his team will:
- Check your face and neck for any lumps, bumps or swelling
- Look at your lips, gums, tongue, palate and cheeks to see if you have any discolorations or ulcers
- Do an oral cancer screening
- Examine your bite and jaw joint for any problems
- Check your jawbone and gums for signs of gingivitis, gum disease and bone disease
- Check your teeth for cavities or other problems, including erosion related to acidity
- Look specifically at any areas where you may have symptoms or concerns
- Take an x-ray to see what's going on in your mouth and below your gums, and to provide a benchmark for future visits